6th AGM &
Annual Alumni Meet - 2011
About 125 alumni could participate in the meet. With their families and guests, the participants are about 150. Mr. & Mrs. PSU Sarma (1958, Electrical), in early seventies, is highly praise worthy for the zeal and capacity to organise games for the younger generations. Around 25 ladies could enjoy the games organised by Mrs. PSU Sarma. The following 9 (Nine) alumni joined as Life Members during this meet boosting the strength of Life Members to 239.
- Sri T P Ranga Rao [1969, Mech]
- Sri Ravi Sankar [1986, Mech](from USA)
- Dr. KC Butchi Raju [1975, Mech]
- Sri BVS Narayana Rao [1979, Civil]
- Sri M. Dorababu [1990, ECE]
- Sri CVS Rama Murthy [1981, Civil]
- Dr. B Kanaka Raju [1961, Mech]
- Sri G Atchuthananda Rao [1975, Civil]
- Sri M Sundaraiah [1968, ECE]
We gratefully thank our Patrons, Smt. Prameelamma, Sri Butchaiah, Dr. Neeraja and Sri Chandra Turaga for deputing their employees to help us.
We gratefully thank JNTUH for permitting us to meet in its premises. Dr. Tulasi Ram Das who helped us as Registrar of JNTUH is now Vice Chancellor of JNTUK and we congratulate him for the new appointment. Dr. Aryasri and Dr. Viswanatham are very helpful.
General Body Meeting
There was lot interaction among the members and the following resolutions have been passed/approved by the General Body.
The following team has been elected for the Executive Committee for the term 2012 & 2013.
Sri Chodagam SY Sankar Rao[1970, ECE]PresidentSri CVSN Murthy[1972, Electrical]Vice PresidentSri GS Rama Rao[1969, ECE]SecretaryDr. Botta Venkat Ramana[1972, Electrical]TreasurerSri CK Murty[1965, Mech]EC MemberDr. B. Visveswara Rao[1965, ECE]EC MemberSri Manthena Rama Raju[1972, Electrical]EC MemberWg. Cdr. Dronadula Koti Reddy (Retd.)[1967, Mech]EC Member
- An office premises has been offered by Dr Botta Venkataramana with an office assistant and it has been approved to open an office to facilitate members to visit and have EC meetings.
- Post facto approval has been given to audit the accounts of the Alumni Association to Bhagyalakshmi & Co, Chartered Accountants and also for the year 2012. Apart from auditing and certifying the accounts of Association, the auditors will file the Income Tax returns to facilitate claim of TDS. The General Body empowered the EC to decide the fees to be paid to the Auditors, commensurate with the low volume of transactions of the Association.
- The EC has been empowered to open a separate Bank account to park the Corpus fund (donations from the Patrons and Life Members) to facilitate operation and clarity of interest earned through Corpus fund.
- The bye-laws of the Alumni Association are amended by adding a new clause as below: “The Office Bearers in the posts of President, General Secretary and Treasurer shall not continue in the same office for more than two terms consecutively. They shall be eligible to contest again for the same post with a gap of at least one term.” Accordingly, this will be added under para 10.2 (Term of EC) as para 10.2.1
Presentation by ECK Development Trust
Sri Chandra Turaga, Patron gave a presentation about the Indoor Stadium project taken up by the Alumni of the august Institution all over the globe. He appealed for donations to complete the project.
Sri VVR Sastry [1969, ECE], Executive Director, CDOT (and former CMD of Bharat Electronics Ltd.) and Sri Dasaradha Gude [1982, ECE], Corporate Vice President and MD for AMD, India have been felicitated.
The Orchestra by Sri Nanduri Ram & party entertained the gathering with a variety of songs from old and new melodies and poems from mythology.
The participants praised the dinner arrangements for the tasty food and sitting arrangements to have a leisurely dinner.