9th AGM &
Annual Alumni Meet - 2014
The Annual Alumni Meet cum 9th Annual General Body meeting of the Association was held on 21 December, 2014 at the UGC Auditorium of JNTU Hyderabad from 0900 to 1615 Hrs.
Overall, 150 members of the Alma mater attended the meet and with their families the strength of the participants are about 250.
Group photos under the members' own initiative have been facilitated by the Association.
General Body Meeting:
The General Body meeting commenced at 1030 hrs with the Opening Prayer song by Smt. Rani Tulasiram, which was followed by our cherished College song.
Sri Sankar Rao Chodagam, the Immediate Past President introduced Sri CK Murty, present President who was elected in absentia during the 8th AGM held on 01 Dec 2014 at the same venue. Sri CK Murty, President of the Association welcomed the members of the General Body, which was followed by the presentation of the Annual report by Col. G. Ravi Kumar (Retired), Secretary of the Association. At the end, Sri Ramesh Dindigal, Treasurer presented the Annual Accounts and the Audit report for the information of the General Body. The General Body was intimated that the fund position as on the day of the Annual meet was Rs. 9,62,435.00 with majority of the amount parked in Fixed / Flexi Deposits.
Subsequently, a proposal for modifying the existing Bye Law No. 8 for enhancing the subscription rates of the Life member and creating a 3 – Tier Patron Membership was read out by the Secretary seeking the approval of the General Body. A prolonged discussion ensued with members expressing divergent views. As the time for the Felicitation program was approaching, with general consensus, further discussion on the proposal was postponed to post Lunch session.
Annual Alumni Meet
The Annual meet commenced with the President briefly speaking about the Chief Guest, Dr. Koduru Vara Prasada Reddy and inviting him on to the dias along with the following Alumni members who were the Guest of Honors for the Felicitation:
- Dr. MYS Prasad, Director, SHAR
- Dr. A. Vidya Sagar, MD, M/s Avantel Ltd, Hyderabad
- Sri P.V. Rao, MD, M/s PEBS Pennar, Hyderabad and
- Sri G. Bala Kishore, Director of Factories, Govt. of A.P., Hyderabad.
Jyothi prasjvalanam (Lighting of the Lamp) commenced with a Prayer Song by Mrs. Rani Tulasiram. Following Alumni have lit the lamp: Dr. K. Vara Prasad Reddy, Chief Guest, Sri Yadavalli Adinarayana Sastry, Representing the alumni of the FIRST batch (1950), Dr. MYS Prasad, Guest of Honour, Dr. A. Vidya Sagar, Guest of Honour, Sri G. Bala Kishore, Guest of Honour and Sri CK Murty, President of the Association.
Following members of the Alumni, who brought laurels to the Alma mater were felicitated:
- Dr. MYS Prasad, Director, SHAR and Padmasri awardee belongs to 1974 (E&CE) batch of the Alma mater. He is the man behind (and under whose able guidance) the prestigious launch of Mars Orbiter Mission on 05-Nov-2014 and the GSLV Mk-III Experimental mission on 19 Dec 2014 were accomplished to perfection, thus elevating the status of our country in the International arena.
- Dr. Abburi Vidya Sagar, Managing Director of M/s Avantel Ltd, a Philanthropist and educationalist belongs to 1981 (E&CE) batch. Under his able stewardship, M/s Avantel Ltd won the prestigious award of
Excellence in Indigenous Developmentfor the year 2014, instituted by SIATI (Society of Indian Aerospace Technologies and Industries).
- Sri Potluri Venkateswara Rao, Managing Director, M/s PEBS Pennar Ltd., a Philonthropist and a prolific writer cum columnist on varied subjects belongs to 1981 (Civil) batch. Under his dynamic leadership, M/s PEBS Pennar won the prestigious
Business Today - Yes Bank Emerging Companies Excellence award 2014.
- Sri G. Bala Kishore, Director of Factories, Govt. of A.P. and the Chairman of the National Safety Council (A.P. chapter) belongs to 1981 (Mechanical) batch. Has contributed significantly in sensitizing the environment to the growing need for Safety professionals in the Industry and was instrumental in the introduction of post Graduate programs in
Occupational Safety and healthat both JNTU Kakinada and JNTU Hyderabad. He is holding several important appointments on various committees at both the National and State level.
Post Lunch Session (Continuation of AGM)
As decided earlier, the AGM recommenced at 1530 hrs (3.30 P.M.) to discuss the unfinished business of
amendment to Bye-Law No.8. In all, 32 members were present. The members present expressed their views on enhancement of Life membership from the existing Rs. 1,000/- to Rs. 3,000/-. While majority of the members present agreed to the proposal, few of the members are of the view that we instead of increasing the subscription of Life Membership, should endeavor to enroll maximum Nos, especially members belonging to post 1985 batches.
However, the Proposal could not be put to vote, as required Quorum was not present. Thus the AGM concluded at 1615 hrs (4.15 P.M.) on 21 December, 2014.